Created by denverstorytrek
The 1911 red brick office building and attached streetcar barn served as the headquarters of the city’s public transportation system until its purchase by the City of Denver in 1971. The prolific architectural firm of William E. and Arthur A. Fisher designed the three-part vertical block type structure with its striking white terra cotta accents. (From OAHP). This building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
To listen by phone, dial the Trek Connect phone number 303.562.2407. Enter the corresponding story number followed by the # sign.
Oral History Site # 73 as told by David Craig