Levi and Millie Booth
Levi and Millie Booth purchased Four Mile House from Mary Cawker in 1864, when the Cherry Creek flood hit. The Booths maintained the house as a stage stop and tavern. The Butterfield Overland Dispatch especially utilized the Four Mile House as a stage station, before their demise and the stage ceased running and the railway rolled into Denver. Afterwards, the Four Mile House became primarily functioning as a ranch and farm. From honey making, butter producing and poultry raising, the farm became the new identity of the Four Mile House.
In 1893, Millie and her daughter Grace both actively campaigned for women’s suffrage. Booth’s descendants continued working the farmland at Four Mile into the 1940s.